Thursday, February 12, 2009

Search and shop for a good cause

GoodSearch is a search engine powered by Yahoo. It donates 50% of its revenue to charity organizations. Of course, Yahoo is nothing compared to Google, but why not use it with simple searches if money can be raised for charity, even if it's only a cent per click. Well, not much, but better than nothing.

Now, GoodShop, I think, is a great concept. Participating merchants, such as eBay, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Sears, Amazon and many many more, donate a percentage of each sale to a charity designated by the user. I use this everytime I shop online.

Check it out and decide for yourself:
www.goodsearch.com
www.goodshop.com

If you're Vietnamese, you may want to choose the charity money to go to Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam. I've been doing volunteering work for them so I know it's a legitimate group.

No comments: